More musings while I keep on keeping on with this apartment hunt!
Things I’ve learned in the past couple of weeks while in limbo:
1. When you stay with friends, they are amazingly hospitable and make you delicious dinners!! (Beer mac and cheese or ribs, anyone?!) Yep, I am one lucky girl.
2. When you wander neighborhoods to check out the area for potential apartments, you often black out and find yourself in a store buying stuff you don’t really need, like a new book. Or three. Every time. Somehow, I’ve ended up with about 10 new books in the last couple of weeks! How did that happen?!?! I’m currently reading this book, and it’s. so. funny.
3. Inflatable inner tubes make great camping chairs when you forget to bring real chairs. Oh, and camping comes in handy when you’re between apartments :) Just look at how comfy we are…whee!!
4. I’ve rekindled my love for Yerba Mate and drink it frequently to tame my urges for coffee (I’ve had WAY too much coffee lately). Yerba mate is so delicious, and I don’t feel guilty drinking it all the time.
5. This is an awesome and quick breakfast:
6. Since I’m constantly driving from city to city, books on CD are great ways to make the drive go by quickly. (Catch-22 narrated is almost as entertaining as reading the book over again…) Oh, and also playing the “pick a random CD from your cd case and play the whole thing” game works really well too.
8. Sometimes shooting guns helps to relieve stress too. Especially when you are on a beautiful blueberry farm in the outskirts of Chico, CA. Clay pigeons and soda cans, anyone?
And after, you get spoiled with a delicious homemade dinner with great company:
9. It’s also easy to make time for coffee dates to visit with friends you only get to see about once a year since they live so far away!
10. If your best friend leaves for grad school, Skype, Google chatting, texting, and phone calls makes the days away from each other bearable ;)
(And yes, we’re perfectly aware we have an unhealthy and dependent relationship where we need to talk to each other at least 2 times a day, but we’re ok with that.)
11. Oh, and this picture pretty much sums up my life:
All in all, even though I’m kind of in limbo right now, life is pretty awesome :)
P.S. I just officially registered for FoodBuzz’s Food Blogger Festival in San Francisco!! Who else is going?
P.P.S. I’m high-tailing it outta here for some fun in the sun! Can you guess where?! First person to comment and guess correctly will get a postcard from me! Pictures to come soon :)