Oh, yes, Pinterest has done it again! I’m 100 times happier and 10 pounds fatter.
When I saw this, I knew I had to make it. HAD TOOOO! I mean, you only dirty one pan! And how much of it did I eat?! I’d rather not say…but I should probably go run about 1000 blocks now.
And the worst part? I made this in between making otherrr cookies! I’m a cookie fiend, I tell you! To be fair, the other cookies were for a cookie swap (which you will hear about soon!). But seriously, I have no one to blame but myself. No regrets.
After I ate what appeared to be almost the entire cookie with ice cream, I finished making the other cookies, shipped them off, and hopped on a plane to Southern California! What. A. Day. filled with glorious cookies!
And it ended with this! Can you guess where I went?!
Long story short, you should make this giant cookie of warm, tasty goodness. Just make sure you share.
I’m going to go eat salad for the rest of my life now…
One Pan Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie (adapted from sophistimom.com)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I recommend at least 60% cacao)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a cast iron skillet, melt the stick of butter under medium heat. Add the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and mix until melted and well incorporated.
- Remove from heat until the mixture is just warm and not hot (about 5 minutes). Once cooled down a bit, add the egg and whisk until everything is well blended. Then add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir slowly and carefully! Then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Bake it in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges and top are starting to turn golden brown. I would start checking on the cookie after about 15 minutes of baking but for my cookie it took closer to 25 minutes to bake all the way through.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.