So yeah…I’ve officially decided that I am most definitely going through my quarter life crisis right now. What’s my passion? What do I want to do in the next 10 years? Do I want to stay on this career path or should I choose something totally different?
I don’t have answers to any of those questions. Which is kind of scary but it sort of feels like a blank canvas. And I like that… (…I think???)
It feels like I’ve had too many I’m-almost-25-what-have-I-done-with-my-life-I’m-not-where-I’d-thought-I’d-be-but-that’s-ok-right?-RIGHT? moments lately. But I’ve always found that getting in the kitchen, putting on some music, and cooking/baking helps. There’s something about cooking that soothes me. I don’t know if it’s following a recipe so that I don’t have to decide what to do or if tasting whatever I make is enough at the time.
I have a feeling I’ll be in the kitchen A LOT MORE though so I can enjoy these peaceful moments where all I have to think about is the dish that’s in front of me. And then I can share my creations, such as this tasty wrap, with you!
Buffalo wings are like…one of my all time favorite things to eat. Especially when they’re super spicy! (Unless you’re eating “Death Wings” that that require you to sign a waiver AND give you the worst indigestion of your life!! Lose-lose, guys…but I’ll save that story for another day.)
Anyway, like I mentioned when I made Buffalo Fries a while back, I find wings too much trouble to make. Oil, frying, drying out the wings…too much work! This simple wrap is on the healthy side (see that green stuff in there?!) and SO easy to make. The hardest part is cooking the chicken…which is ridiculously easy. So let’s give it a go!
Combined, these simple ingredients create such a tasty meal. I decided to add the quinoa and spinach so I wouldn’t feel as guilty eating all the cheese and I thought it was so good! Think of it as a spinach salad…wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla, and then slathered in buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing. Yesssssss, that’s my kind of salad.
This is perfect for a quick meal and if you roll it up and wrap it in some plastic wrap, it travels reallyyy well so it’s great to bring to work for lunch! Or on a picnic. Or when roadtripping. Or to a friend’s house! What, you don’t bring your own snacks when visiting friends? No? Just me? Lies.
- 2 Whole wheat tortillas
- 1 Chicken breast, grilled and sliced into strips
- 1/2-3/4 Cups cooked quinoa (depending on how much you want in your wrap!)
- 1/4 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Handfuls of spinach
- 2 Tablespoons of your favorite buffalo hot sauce, plus a little extra for garnish
- Blue cheese dressing
- Crumbled blue cheese for garnish
- Toss quinoa and chicken strips in 2 tablespoon of hot sauce until fully coated. Use as much/less hot sauce as you'd like here. Some like it lighter and others like it spicier so it's up to you!
- Warm the whole wheat tortillas up in a pan or in the microwave. Then place a handful of spinach down the middle of each tortilla.
- Divide the chicken/quinoa mixture in two and spread on top of each spinach layer. Then add the red onions.
- When ready to eat, drizzle some blue cheese dressing and extra hot sauce over the chicken/quinoa/onion mixture.
- Top off with crumbled blue cheese, and then roll it up!
- Roll out, roll out, you're done! Chow down.